Last week, I gave you your first #MasturbationMonth Challenge. Have you sent in your stories/questions anonymously yet? I’ll post them towards the end of the month, so you still have plenty of time to tell me a funny or endearing story or a question relating to masturbation.
Today I’m going to share some fun facts about self pleasure. How many of these did you already know?
- Masturbation prevents STDs. This is kind of a no-brainer when spanking the monkey is a solo act, but holds especially true when partners engage in mutual masturbation instead of coitus, as long as you keep hands (and body fluids) to yourself!
- Masturbation relieves stress and helps you fall asleep. You get a rush of relaxing brain hormones from wanking. Technically, orgasm does this but…
- People tend to orgasm more often while masturbating than engaging sexually with a partner. This is especially true for those with vulvas!
- Masturbation is a natural way to correctly do your Kegels & builds muscle tone. For the penis, this is really important since it is a muscle, and as you get older you need “regular workouts” to combat what aging does to soft tissue. For the vagina, this prevents vaginal prolapse later in life and can also ease menstrual cramps and menopause symptoms.
- It improves your sex life overall. When you know what your body likes, you’re able to tell your partner. When you know what an orgasm feels like, you can tell your partner how to help you make that happen.
- It’s a natural immunity booster. Plus, it can help clear your sinuses. Beating the meat can save you money on Kleenex, or at least, give you another use for it!
- If you have a penis, masturbation can help you last longer, have multiple orgasms, and prevents prostate cancer! Jacking off before a hot date can help you last longer during the act due to refractory time. “Edging” is the process of mastering orgasm separate from ejaculation so multiple orgasms are possible. If you’re over 50, it’s important to jerk off 2-3 times per week.
- It’s a natural mood lifter and helps depression. It’s no substitute for good medical care, but the temporary boost you get from double-clicking the mouse can get you out of a funk for a little while. It can also help you deal with co-workers and customers, so make use of that unisex “family” restroom at work if you need to!
- Animals do it. In 2012, a YouTube video of a dolphin using a headless fish to choke his…uh…chicken… went viral. It’s not just mammals – have you seen this tortoise making the cutest noise ever while humping a Croc from 2009?
- Married people do it. Studies show that even when you’re in a relationship, masturbation remains part of the pleasure repertoire, and that’s perfectly normal and healthy as long as it doesn’t adversely affect a couple’s time together.
Week 2 #MasturbationMonth Challenge
Tweet me your favorite masturbation euphemisms, or comment your favorite in one (1) comment below!
If you’re a follower I will RT your euphemism, too! I polled a few friends and checked a few websites, so I know there are plenty out there. Get creative! I’d love to hear yours, especially if you have something original! For example “zorch the dolphin” is my husband’s creation in reference to electrostimulation of the penis. Tweet as many times as you want – share your favorite way of saying masturbation without saying “masturbation” – because, sex should be fun, and solo sex is no exception!
And since solo sex should be fun, don’t forget that I do offer fun & educational sex toy parties and have an online shop that’s open 24/7 as well with goodies for men, women, couples, and everyone in between. Treat yourself this month!
Edit: I have allowed comments so non-twitter users can enter the contest. You MUST comment only ONCE on THIS post (not the contest post – that’s a different post).